Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where have we been and what have we been up to?

January - Early August
I know, I know........I have been seriously lacking in the blogging department lately! Life has been so busy and chaotic these last few months, I have barely had time to breath, yet alone sit down and actually write a blog. BUT, Bailey is still in bed ( in my bed ) asleep this morning, so I thought I would catch you all up a little.
January- Bailey celebrated her 2nd birthday at the 1st National Bank Community Room with a lady bug party! I made a 3-tier cake and it was super cute if I don't say so myself! She was really excited because her sister got to come from Bartlesville for the party. Some of her friends that attended were: Nathanial, Amberly, Jordan, Chaszity, Gage, and cousin Jace came, but was asleep in the car. Gage had to leave early because as usual, him and Bailey were acting like they were married and fighting over every toy that she opened.LOL


Bailey blowing out her candles on her awesome cake!



Bailey & her sister having fun at the party



Bailey & Gage fighting.LOL


February- In Feb. my grandma got really sick and was admitted into the hospital here in Miami, then into St. John's in Joplin, and then into St. John's in Tulsa. The social workers decided that she needed to be in a skilled nursing facility due to the fact that it was becoming increasingly harder for my grandpa to care for her when I was not there. My uncle and cousins came in from Florida and we all made the decision to put her at Eastwood Manor in Commerce. She actually used to be the director of nursing there back in the 90's, so we thought it would be a familiar place for her. Sometimes she thinks she's at work and tries to boss the workers around! My grandpa is so dedicated to her. He gets up and goes to his full-time job at Wal-Mart at 7 am, he gets off at 1 pm, then he goes home to eat lunch. After his lunch, he goes and sits with her at the nursing home all afternoon and into the evening, until she falls asleep. When she falls asleep, he goes home. he has done this every single day since the day we put her in there. I love him so much, he's the best grandpa and husband anyone could ever ask for.



Because we had to put grandma in the nursing home, I lost my job as her care-taker. I was really bummed out and was not quite sure what I was going to do for a job. I headed right down to good old Head Start, and I went to work that same day! I was only subbing, but it was a full-time job. It was really nice to be back around all my old co-workers and friends. Bailey started daycare at Tater-Bug's Daycare while I worked.


March- In March Bailey's daycare announced that they were closing down. I went on the hunt for a new daycare and enrolled her at Joyful Learning Center. I loved her teacher, Ms. Danielle! Bailey loves it too! It's a christian daycare, they learn bible stories and songs, plus they have a really good curriculum. She has learned a bunch since starting....she can count to 12, say her abc's ( up to the L M N O P part ) and spell her name out loud! They put on a spring concert and she did awesome singing and dancing on stage for all of us!



April- In April Miami was hit with quite a few storms....I have been really afraid of storms all my life, but since the tornado that hit Picher, I have been extra afraid of them. When the warnings go on the tv, I go to Rachel's house because she has a basement. We were under the ground but could see the hail through the small window in the basement. It was storming really bad! The sirens were sounding and it was even worse because we couldn't see what they sky was looking like. The radio that we had in the basement gave the " all clear " signal so we decided that we would go above ground. We were narrowly missed by a tornado that night! It formed over town but never actually touched down!


May- In May, I started my new job as a bank teller at a local bank, I was super scared about it. Turns out that I LOVE it! I work with a really great group of people and I am really excited to see where it takes me in life!

Here are the other tellers that I work with! We don't always get to dress like this but this was a special credit card promo day where we got to dress in our fav. football team shirts!

June-Tish, Sarah, and I took the kids to the Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield. That was a crazy day! I had a broken toe and was in a walking boot, so they got to push me around in a wheel chair!

Bailey also got to see a turtle up close and person for the very first time!

July- We celebrated the 4th at the Freeman's during the day and then Bailey went to her Meme & Papa Richards for the night works. It was fun until the big firework tipped over and shot out at us!

We also had a pool party at Rachel's dad's house. We cooked out and swam for several hours...Bailey hated it




Rachel and I took the kids to the Gentry Arkansas Wild Safari Zoo. They all had a blast!



August- It has not been the best month for us. My papa Jack fell really ill and passed away earlier this month. I always thought of him as being invincible, I have been just really tore up over this. I miss him bunches. I'm just so glad that Bailey knew who he was. He will be deeply missed by us all.





1 comment:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Finally a new blog:) lol jk:) Love all the pics!